When you set up your account, the system automatically creates a default team based on your name. When you're ready to go live with the public, here's our recommendation for how to convert your personal team to an "Official" government team. If you weren't the first person in your organization to start using CityGrows, someone else may have already set up your government's "Official" team. If you're the person setting things up to go live with the public, here are some final checks we recommend performing:
Configuring Your “official” Team
- Check that team branding (logo, team name, URL, colors) are set correctly. This is how to make sure that your name doesn't show up in the URL for your workflows!
- Check that all necessary managers and finance people are on team roster
- Check to make sure that the correct workflows appear under the team, and that if something’s not ready to launch it’s set to “unpublished”
- Review your team settings with a CityGrows staff member (chat with us on Intercom and we ca give it a "once over"
- If any of your workflows include payments, make sure your CityGrows account is connected to your government's bank account, so that you can receive funds from any permit or license fees processed.
- Start publishing workflows! Here's a checklist for that too!
Here are a set of resources related to Teams on CityGrows: https://help.citygro.ws/en/?q=team
If you've been using a "test" team or your personal/ default team and need to move something over to the "Official" team, you can “Clone” each workflow from Test team to “Real” team - after cloning you must re-add admins and reviewer names and re-add custom photo banner. Make sure that the person who does the cloning will be an admin on that workflow, as the “owner” of the workflow can’t be removed once it’s set up. After you clone it, it’s a best practice to test one more time before launch. Then delete that test run so your workflow won’t be clogged up with test data.