The security of your government and your constituent's data is of utmost importance to our team at CityGrows.
Cloud-based software like CityGrows runs on web servers instead of locally on a computer or local server. CityGrows cloud services can be accessed through any modern browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome from a laptop, desktop, phone or tablet.
Because CityGrows doesn’t require any download or installation of software on individual computers or on a government’s local servers, we are able to constantly update and improve our software without any need for major “upgrades,” updates, that impact our customer's operations.
It also means that all of your government's and constituent's data submitted on CityGrows is stored in the cloud. CityGrows data is currently stored on Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers and managed via Heroku.
Heroku’s physical infrastructure is hosted and managed within Amazon’s secure data centers and utilize the AWS technology. Amazon continually manages risk and undergoes recurring assessments to ensure compliance with industry standards. Amazon’s data center operations have been accredited under:
- ISO 27001
- SOC 1 and SOC 2/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 (Previously SAS 70 Type II)
- PCI Level 1
- FISMA Moderate
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- All data is encrypted during transfer (SSL) and at rest
- Data backup: All data has full rollback protection
- All payment and credit card information doesn't touch CityGrows servers and is sent securely/ encrypted to our payment processor Stripe (PCI Level 1 Compliant Processor)
- We currently do not recommend storage of SSNs on CityGrows, but we are in the process of continually enhancing our security and anticipate increasing our ability to store highly sensitive data over the next year.