CityGrows lets its admin users (government staff members) customize some emails you receive from CityGrows. Please note that all email settings are linked to each workflow, so you can set one set of rules for your government's Business License, and another set of options for Dog Licensing - if you're an admin on both those workflows. Only admins can customize their email settings.
Here are the emails that you CAN'T turn off:
- Notification when a discussion is launched on an process that you are responsible for, or on a workflow where you're an owner or admin
- Notification when it's your turn to review a process
Here are the notifications that you can customize (you access these options from the Settings section of the workflow. (To get there, go to Workflows and then click on the specific workflow, then select "Edit"). You can select to receive these additional emails:
- When a process is launched (a new application is submitted)
- When a process moves to the next step
- When a review is completed
- When a process is completed
People mostly want to receive less email, so the default setting for all these emails is to have them off. If you want to turn them on, you can access the settings menu from the Workflow page, Edit tab.
Then once you've got the settings section open, you can select which emails you want to receive:
Please note that CityGrows plans to allow much more customizable and robust email and notification settings soon (e.g. customizing emails by step, role, etc.). Stay tuned for updates on email settings and notifications.